NAIDOC Week 2019 will run nationally from 7-14 July 2019 and is an occasion for all Australians to come together to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. As this is during our winter school holiday period, we’re going to celebrate this a week early in week 10 - 1 - 5 July. We are still in the planning phases, but our expectation is that we will be:
1) Flying our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island flags during this time
2) Holding a special NAIDOC assembly for our week 10 school assembly
3) Embedding the cross-curriculum priority - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures in our literacy and numeracy lessons throughout the week. Stay tuned for further details.
Athletics Carnival 2019
Also at the end of this term in week 9 on Thursday 27 June we will be holding our Athletics Carnival for 2018. This is whole school event with running races for all age groups and shot put for all students who turn 8 and over this year. The emphasis is on participation and fun. In preparation for the carnival, the grass will be cut and a running circuit will be marked to be used for the running events. As with the cross country carnival, we will be asking for parent volunteers to help out with the flow of events. Rose from Got Game will be on hand to run the shot put and there will be lots of novelty events for our younger students. Stand by for further information to be announced soon.
SRC Cake Stall
The SRC are holding their cake Stall fundraiser on Wednesday and need cakes and biscuits to be brought in on 12 June. Please follow the instructions below. We’ll be selling at recess on 12 June and after school. We’ll also sell any left overs on Thursday 13 June. Don’t forget to send $1 and 50 cent coins with your children.
- All items must be labelled with a list of all ingredients used. - If using a packet mix you can cut out the ingredients on the side and use this, as well as including any additional ingredients.
- Write your name on the container so that the SRC can clean it and return it to you promptly. - Please cut whole cakes and slices into pieces. - It is not necessary to wrap cakes, slices or biscuits individually .
Where to deliver your donation
- Please bring or send your items to the staffroom on the morning of 12 June.
St Peters Public School acknowledges the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples of this nation. We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the lands on which our company is located and where we conduct our business. We pay our respects to ancestors and Elders, past and present. St Peters Public School is committed to honouring Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ unique cultural and spiritual relationships to the land, waters and seas and their rich contribution to society.
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to https://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.